Sunday 23 June 2013

Mrs Brown's Boys and Tour 2013: 'For The Love of Mrs. Brown'



On Saturday 22nd June 2013, I went to watch the fantastic and hilarious Mrs Brown's Boys live with the fourth play in the Mrs Brown's series. I received the tickets as a Christmas present from my sister and her partner, which they wrote on a piece of paper that we're going to see them inside a copy of the previous live DVD of the show. It made me so excited and it was one of the best Christmas presents that I received.

I've been a fan of the show since about the middle of 2012/end of year 2011. When the first first became a massive hit in the series on BBC One, I didn't see the massive love and reaction for it. I just seen the show as 'same old, same old' kind of thing. But when the BBC was repeating the episodes of series one and two ahead of series three, I knew I had to watch to see if it'll change my mind. But oh boy did it! I fell absolutely in love with it, I just knew that I didn't give the show a proper chance, I sat down and I just enjoyed the show. What I love best about the show is that they don't make themselves be something their not. It's just a classic piece of TV and I  really cherish in the fact that it's a sitcom at the end of the day and I honestly feel that this show along with 'Miranda' as enforced the love and joy of British sitcoms. Brendan O'Carroll is a comedy genius, the writing may be full of cliches but the audience relishes it and they just laugh out loud along with the show. After watching series one, I had to buy the DVD of it and I watched it all over again. Then series two came about, with it not being as funny as the first but still funny I loved it all over again and again! I  learned to love the characters, I learned about the relationships of the characters and I feel series by series, the show got more stronger as a whole and it was a joy to watch. The show has been a huge success with high ratings, award after award, merchandise after merchandise, building a stronger fan base for the show.

Mrs Brown's Boys - castMrs Brown's Boys hasn't just been a hit BBC One series, it's been going on now for a couple of years. With radio shows, touring the country with their plays...it's been a massive comedy hit. Especially in Ireland where I believe lies it's biggest fan base. The show isn't just about family, it stares almost every member of Brendan's family, which I think is great as they get to share the momentum of the show and get to perform together. His children, his wife, his sister, his daughter-in-law are in the show being part of the Mrs Brown's clan.  The audience all has their own favourite characters with most of them being the neighbor next door and Agnes' best friend, Winnie. She's just a really likable character and the actress plays her with such realism and beauty. Such a glorious character. Another firm favourite character of the show has to be Buster Brady, Dermot's best friend who's always included in crime and in love with Cathy. I think my favourite characters has to be Maria, Winnie, Buster and Granddad. Along with Agnes of course, but them four especially are my favourite. 

So, the tour of the show landed in Cardiff and with every seat full and the atmosphere rife with laughter and just a massive love for the show and the entire cast, it was a very good night. Yes, they could of added new material instead of just using series two and series three material, but I really didn't mind as I was watching it live for myself! I loved it when Brendan went of the script and kept trying to put of Fiona O' Carroll (Maria) and Amanda Woods (Betty) by asking random questions, not expecting them to answer. Which they did and the audience cheered along. All in all, it was a fantastic experience seeing them perform it live...actually live for myself and I really want to go again! The show is only going to have more popularity not just in Ireland and the UK but worldwide as the Mrs Brown's Boys clan is heading of to Australia for a tour! Also, they're going to be filming the movie of the show, 'Mrs Brown D'Movie' in September for a June 2014 release. It's rumored that Hugh Bonneville is going to star in the movie. Also at Christmas time, the show is going to return for two more specials on BBC One, I just can't wait where they'll grow from here. Hopefully a fourth series would also be in the bag! 

From hating the show at first to falling in love with it, I absolutely love it and I can't wait to see the charismatic Agnes Brown next. If you're going to see the show on tour, prepare to laugh your socks off! Brendan and co really do bring the house down and makes everyone belly ache with laughter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment