Wednesday 26 December 2012

Review: Miranda - Series 3, episode 1 - 'It was Panning.'

It's the time where we can finally say "Miranda is back on! SUCH FUN!"... Miranda came back on Boxing Day, airing at 9pm on BBC One. I'm a very huge fan of Miranda and Miranda Hart, she is just lovely, hilarious, brilliant and just... amazing. Just like her sitcom, amazeballs.


The sitcom started its third series with a festive special entitled, 'It was Panning' which wasn't as festive and Christmassy as the last Christmas special which is quite a good thing... it does feel a bit silly when watching a Christmas episode of a TV show in the middle of Summer... this episode didn't disappoint at all, it was pure brilliance. I want to applaud Miranda Hart for writing such a great episode seeing as she must of been under a huge mass of pressure and expectation. 


At the beginning of the episode, Miranda is back perched on her sofa, wearing novelty Christmas hats telling the viewers what has been happening in her life, like she does in every episode of course. It features a very funny clip of her and Gary's 'romantic' activities... no, not that type of romantic activity. Well, it might be if you like that sort of stuff... but I'm talking about getting your heel stuck, whilst you pick the shoe from the ground a fountain launches and ruins the whole 'romance' about the situation, besides Gary buying a rose for Miranda. Miranda's got a new job, as a temp and Stevie has also got a new job... Penny is back and more hilarious than the last two series, such fun... Tilly is bonkers as ever and Gary is much more hilarious than ever.


 One thing that I didn't like, only a small, a tiny little thing is... the whole 'We're just friends' situation between Gary and Miranda, which has been happening for the last two series. I'm not sure whether I don't like it because I want them together or I am just sick of them and they might as well get on with it... but that is the only small, tiny little thing that I didn't like about the episode. I feel that I like Gary much more than the episode aired, I'm not entirely sure why but I feel that there was more of a character there... if that makes sense... but I didn't really entirely like like him in the past series. 

These are some of my favourite lines from the episode:

"She's not obese... it was panning!"

"You look ridiculous." "I have to held them when I'm running."

"Hi-5 me, man boobs."

"Sorry, I'm still a bit Beyoncé."

"She has the nipple equivalent of a lazy eye."

"I SMELL FAT PEOPLE!"

"I can not watch it. Its like Boris Johnson."

"Gladiators, mount your hoppers."

"My name is Dick Twist."

"Stop it. We're British, sober and no one is going to prison."

"Can you stop weeing..."

"Sue perb. Call me Sue." 

"Mini mince pie?! MINE!"


There might have been too many there, but there was some rather brilliant lines in that episode. It was so good to have Miranda back on our screens, everyone on Twitter was tweeting about how much they loved the show and 'Sue Perb', 'Dick Twist' and '#Miranda' was trending. I'm delighted that Miranda is back on, its one of those television shows that can make you smile and feel good. Here's to the rest of the series! You can watch it on BBC One, if you missed the brilliant first episode, you can watch it on iPlayer. 


I didn't create those gifs, credit to whoever did. Round of applause for you. 

Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed the episode. Let's get ready for the next episode, shall we? 

If you like, you can follow me on Twitter - @coreyterrett 
Come and join me over the wonderful world of Twitter, I tweet and rant about TV shows and more brilliant stuff...

Thank you once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment