Friday 21 December 2012

Things I don't like about Christmas...

I absolutely adore Christmas, its one of my favourite times of the year. But I wanted to write a small post to share with you some things that I don't particularly enjoy around the Christmas period.


  1. Food shopping. 
    Food shopping is such a pain in the backside, even more at Christmas. Sometimes, I enjoy  food shopping but at Christmas, its a different story. People just standing there in the middle of the Cheese aisle looking for corned beef, so they just stand there RIGHT in the middle of the aisle, with their trolley parked no-where even near them, and blocking people to move past. These people are the banes of Christmas food shopping, aren't they not? I've always been tempted to throw a sprout at their big, annoying faces. Maybe, next time.

  2. Christmas cards.
    I don't see the point in Christmas cards. What's the point in wasting £3 on a card with a teddy bear on it with the words 'Merry Christmas!'? Why don't you just wish them Merry Christmas without wasting money for every member of the family/friends. Yes, they look very presentable and 'Christmassy' but they are a waste of money, as they're going to be taken down in a matter of days.

  3. Putting up the decorations.
    I do love Christmas decorations, but putting them is just one of those 'ugh, do we really have to!?' tasks over the festive period. The whole fussing of getting the boxes/bags from the attic, fulled with tacky Santa's and tinsel more camp than John Barrowman. The only decoration I like is the Christmas tree, I couldn't care less about a snowman singing 'Walking in a Winter wonderland'. All that matters is having a lovely tree. I also don't see the point in wasting a huge amount of money for decorations, especially lights. Why pay £80 for blue LED lights, when you can get them for about £4?! Ridiculous.

  4. People being nice and friendly to you, only because its Christmas.
    I hate those people who don't even phone you during the year, but at Christmas time, they don't stop phoning, they don't stop texting... and when Christmas is over, they don't want to know you. Except for the next year... and possibly the next year. What's the point of being fake and saying you like someone just for the sake of it being Christmas? Why can't they do that during time of the year?! If you like them, you like them. Not just at Christmas, but in general. If you don't like them, don't like them just for the sake of it being Christmas. There's no point in being fake. 

Of course, there are many more, but these are the main things that anger and frustrate me over the Christmas period. I try my best not to be Scrooge, but there are somethings that really annoy me. I imagine its the same for most people. 

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and let's look forward to 2013. If we're still alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment