Sunday 23 December 2012

Review: Mr Stink - BBC One.

David Walliams' best selling book, 'Mr Stink' has made it to BBC One. I haven't read the book because it is mainly targeted at younger children and younger readers, so I thought it wasn't for me. But, over the Christmas period, BBC One always showcases some fabulous television shows, and Mr Stink was one of the shows everybody wanted to see. Fulled with familiar stars, such as; Hugh Bonneville playing the lead role of Mr. Stink, Sheridan Smith playing Mrs Crumb, Johnny Vegas playing Mr Crumb and David Walliams staring as the Prime Minister. The show also introduced Nell Tiger Free playing the role of the wonderful Chloe. And best of all, Pudsey the dog starring as Duchess, Mr Stink's dog.


The show was directed by Declan Lowney. The whole hour was really well filmed and it made the episode feel like a movie, not just a normal BBC One drama, which made it much more promising. It was also shown in 3D, which could add that extra experience watching the show, I chose not to watch it in 3D, but you could tell at some parts were 3D. It was such a perfect family drama, something nice and refreshing for a cold winter evening on the settee clutching onto a hot drink with a tub full of Celebrations or Roses staring at you... 



It was also interesting to see Hugh Bonneville in a very different role, especially from his well known role on Downton Abbey. He was perfect casting, and at times, especially in the more emotional scenes, he was just perfection. One of Britain's finest actors. I was also loving Sheridan Smith's performance as the role of the obnoxious, bossy mother, she played the part perfectly. I am a huge fan of Sheridan and I've watched her for many years, and this is one of my favourite shows that she has been in, simply wonderful. 

Here is the official BBC One trailer for the show: 

 

There was some very funny lines in the show, here are some of my favourites:

"Do they call you Pippa Pig?" "No." "They should."

"I like to think I'm Harry Potter in my spare time."

"I googled you" "I don't know what that is but it sounds painful"

"Any of us could be homeless one day"

If you didn't watch the show when it was first on BBC One (23rd December), then you can easily snuggle up and watch it on iPlayer. Its full of: Hugh Bonneville being brilliant as ever, Pudsey the dog, Sheridan Smith with great hair, a great relationship between Chloe and her father, its full of brilliance, and it is bloody brilliant. Bravo to everyone involved, especially David Walliams. Oh and, erm... don't wash people's clothes WITHOUT ASKING THEIR PERMISSION. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a Merry Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment